Twin Village Music was started
in 1954 by Rudolph Tichy Jr. & his wife Dolores. Although very few people are aware of what the term Twin Village
means today, at the time everyone in the area knew that the name referred to the "Twin Villages" of Lancaster &
Rudy & Dee met at the "The Old Barn" Nighclub in East Aurora where Rudy played in the dance band and Dee
was a waitress. Rudy had served in the Army in Europe during World War II and kept busy after the war with a variety
of jobs including teaching music lessons in the Clarence Central School District during the day and playing at The Barn weekends.
After some discussion
on the subject of opening a music store they rented a space at 34 West Main St and registered the name Twin Village Music
Studio in the summer of 1954. They got married before the year was over and Rudy III came along in 1955. In 1957
they purchased a building at 19 West Main St and built a house in the rear attached to the new store. 19 West Main St
was home to family and business until 1970. In 1970 Urban Renewal made a move necessary and the business was moved to
44 Central Ave where it remains today.